through the doorway

I was playing outside with my little sister Lily and I heard a weird noise coming from my back door. So I slowly walked to the door. When I put my hand on the handle I got even more scared. When I opened the door I could see a whole different place. I took one big step inside and I was in the middle of the dessert. when I looked back the door was already closed.

First I was panicking but then I saw a little shadow coming my way I thought that I was the only one here. but I couldn’t see because of the hot burning bright sun. when it came closer it WAS A TALKING! monkey. When he was talking I couldn’t believe my eyes. he said his name was Sam. He told me he would take me out of the desert if I gave him bananas. “I can only give you bananas after you show me the way out of here Sam” I said. He said he will need time to think about it…

Next a few minutes later he came back and told me he will. But he said  on one condition you have to give me 30 bananas he said” I said” fine because I didn’t want to stay even longer. Wait let me tell you something did you actually think I was going to give 30 bananas to this selfish monkey. I don”t even have any money but will .

We were walking I felt guilty and kind of selfish of myself.  He was talking about his family back home. He said he needed some food for them and then that’s when I stopped and thought about those little monkeys.I felt so bad for what’s been happening with Sam’s family. so I just kept walking.

A few hours later I saw a door just like our door back home. I said to Sam that’s my way back home I said” he was so happy for me I told him to wait here I will be right back. He said Okay. When I came back I gave him 50 whole bananas inside a bag. I forgot we had banana trees so I thought it was a good idea if I gave all of our bananas for his family he was so placed and gave me a big huge hug at the end.